Saturday, July 25, 2009

TeenScreen Parents Speak Out: Miranda Wilson

Hello, my name is Miranda Wilson. I was given the opportunity to tell you how I feel about the Bush Administration's "Teen Screen" program. I'm grateful for this opportunity because I feel it's important for parents and families to be educated about the TRUTH behind Teen Screen's "mental health screening" in schools. And it's not a pretty side of the truth whatsoever.

Miranda's View---

What saddens me as a parent about teen screen is that they are only out for themselves they do not seem to out here trying to help our children neither to they seem to be concerned about the welfare of these kids. During one of their interviews a child is asked this question, “Do you ever feel nervous in front of an audience?”

Many adults are nervous in front of an audience and that does not mean that we have mental disorders. So why should it mean that for a child? Why would anyone put to question a child’s mental state in their time of peek growth? Some kids act out for attention, or because they’re being bullied at school.

This does not mean that they need a "mental check up" or that they need medications. Sometimes just sitting down and talking with your child instead of at him can really be helpful. These days, being a teen is hard enough and it’s harder when they have someone other than their parent questioning them about personal issues or a "doctor" drugging them up.

I cannot put my child through such harsh treatment and I wouldn't expect any other loving parent to do so either, I will not allow these pharmaceutical companies to get rich on my child. Parents need to think twice before allow these people to change the lives of their children forever. Once you get into this situation it’s hard to get out.

1 comments:

Michael Taylor July 25, 2009 at 1:31 AM  

I agree totally with this parent. I am surprised that no one has stopped this program yet. Maybe the Obama Administration can fix this problem before more American kids are put on drugs.

Support the Cause!

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP