Tuesday, July 28, 2009

No Justice for Nikki

Nikki was a vibrant 16 year old high school sophomore. Nikki had her whole life ahead of her. Her parents had planned to send her to one of the best colleges in their state. But Nikki never made it to college. In fact, Nikki never made it to the end of her sophomore year. Soon after being diagnosed as mentally ill, Nikki was prescribed several anti-psychotic drugs to help "heal" her perceived mental illness. And just as quickly, the light in Nikki's eyes started to dwindle, the innocence in her face turned gloomy. Five months after Nikki started on the medicine prescribed by doctors after taking the TeenScreen survey. Nikki was dead. A victim of a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head. In her suicide note she said: "I never thought I was crazy, but the doctors said I was. The medicine they gave me made my head hurt and I began to hear voices telling me to kill myself and spare my parents the pain of having a crazy daughter. Mom, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to turn out crazy. Maybe you and dad can have a better child. One better than me..." With those words, Nikki ended her life.

Another victim of TeenScreen

1 comments:

Jennifer Miller July 28, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

That broke my heart. My thoughts go out to her parents and family. I'm sure she will be sorely missed.

Support the Cause!

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP